This mattress is constructed to be used directly on the floor (in case you have a wooden floor, a woolen carpet is recommended) or on a sleeping platform – tatami. The layers of wool and cotton add additional comfort. This mattress needs to be rolled up every day to give it time to breath out trapped moisture, which comes into the mattress from the human body.
- 7.5cm thick.
- Prime futon cover made of Organic cotton and hemp fabric.
- Filled with 3 layers of 500gsm eco NZ wool, alternating with 2 layers of 100% cotton unbleached wadding. The futon mattress is hand stitched to keep all layers together.
Can be folded into an ‘S’ shape for storage.
This Futon mattress also comes with an additional cover made from 100% cotton canvas. The cover has a zipper, can be removed, and is washable. It can come in the colour of your choice (see colour panel image).
We offer a ‘combo’ price when you buy a cover at the same time.
Otherwise prices for additional covers are:
- Single & King Single – $120
- Double & Queen – $150 for Double size roll up and $185 for Queen size
- King & Super King – $215.
In the selection, you can choose the option ‘with cover’ and later in the ‘Note’ window, lets us know the
Colour of your choice: Off-white, Fawn/Beige, Khaki, Stone, Denim, Green, Pink, Burgundy, Navy Blue, Chocolate or Black.
Most popular are Off-white/Natural, Fawn (Beige), Khaki and Stone as these colours are very neutral.