The Wonders of Wool
Who doesn’t love wrapping up in a warm wool blanket or wearing those cosy winter boots and jumpers). Wool has been used for centuries to keep warm and in bedding because of it’s breathability and moisture wicking abilities. Wool keeps us warm and cosy in the winter and cool in the summer.
Warmth Factor – How Wool Holds Heat
How does wool keeps us warm? Wool has an amazing ability to hold heat in through small pockets of air in the fibres of the wool that circulate heat. This circulation allows heat to move toward you when you’re cold and away from you when you’re hot.
It will draw the excess heat away from you. It will transfer that heat along its fibres and release it into your environment, allowing you to remain absolutely cool and comfortable. This is how sheep survive harsh weather conditions.
Wool also holds in heat through a protein in the wool called keratin. Keratin is actually a characteristic that all animal hair has to help regulate their body temperature. It works as a sort of insulation for your body.
The amazing thing about wool is that, even if it gets wet, it still continues to keep you warm.
The Wonders of Wool
- Holds it heat. Temperature regulating.
- Self-cleaning and resistant to mould and mildew.
- Moisture wicking. It can for instance, absorb moisture up to one-third of its own weight. Synthetic fibres can only absorb 2-3 percent of moisture before they begin to feel wet. Wool duvets can wick up to 1/3 of their weight in moisture while keeping you comfortable and well insulated.
- Good for allergies. Naturally hypoallergenic. Wool is naturally resistant to Dust Mites.
- Naturally fire resistant.
Wool bedding is the best option whether it’s cold, hot or somewhere in-between.
- Wool is good for warm and cold sleepers.
- Wool duvets are a great option for warm and cold sleepers who share a bed. Wool is believed to create microclimates around each sleeper keeping both comfortable no matter their body temperature.
- Because wool holds its heat it, beds and bedding made from wool offer a natural COSY NEST where we can sleep well naturally.
INNATURE use 100% NZ Wool on our Natural Mattresses, duvet inners, underlays and pillows.
INNATURE WOOL Mattresses and Bedding
The properties of real wool make it a perfect material to provide a dry and safe sleep in the New Zealand climate.
We use 100% NZ wool from the South Island – carded and not washed in any chemicals.
Wool is a natural substance. It is obtained humanely from NZ sheep. It is also processed using tools and methods that do not negatively impact the environment. So you can use your wool duvet with a clean conscience, knowing full well that the material used to make it is sustainable and biodegradable.
We use New Zealand wool from the South Island, bonded to 500g density, in our mattresses and other products. It is washed and processed in a very nature friendly way.
INNATURE use wool in our products with other natural materials like latex, coconut fibre, hemp/ cotton fabric to create a cozy natural nest for you to Sleep Well Naturally.
INNATURE Products with Wool
INNATURE handmade pillows are filled with 100% natural pure cotton and wool, and cased in an organic cotton/hemp fabric. The combination of...
Treat yourself to our beautiful INNATURE mattress underlay/ protector made from an organic cotton cover, and New Zealand organic certified...